Friday, December 12, 2014

My Tradition by Olivia

Whenever my family and I go to Hanmer Springs we have the tradition of walking up Conicle Hill, coming down then eating pie at the bakery.
At the start of the walk there's a massive log, Normally we climb and play on it but not with our dog Lila around because she might decide to bolt down the hill. Sometimes we stop on the way up and look at native birds or listen to them. I love taking shortcuts & annoying Dad by tugging on his sleeve on the way up. Usually at the top we take photos with an amazing view for the background. Last time we went a lady took a photo and I still have it at home.
Then we amble down the hill and stride off to the bakery. We choose a pie [normally I get mince and cheese] then we eat them hungrily outside before we leave.
I really like this family tradition and I hope it goes on for a lot longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment