Monday, November 30, 2015

Cross Country recount by Scarlett

On Thursday 5th of November it was our Cross Country. It was on at Halswell Quarry. When we got to the quarry we put our bags done. Then Miss Macfarlane called out as loud as she could and said, “Year 3 girls, follow Mrs Nuthall!”
So all the Year 3 girls did. We got to the starting line then BANG! and CLAP!

So soon we sprinted off like jet planes. Soon we all slowed down all of a sudden. Then along came Jess. We were both huffing and puffing. We kept the same pace the whole time. We did the same thing. Jess and I went fast then slow then at the end, the boys were cheering us on. In the distance I could see the finish line. I was so close. We ran so fast, so quickly, then I made it!

I was so happy I didn’t come last. I ran to see if anyone was watching my race. I saw Poppa. I raced to see him then I hugged him and that was the end of the Cross Country.

No comments:

Post a Comment