Friday, April 10, 2015

'What I outgrew' writing by Anastasia, Danielle and Talia

I remember when I tried on my favourite dress that my Grandma sewed and tried it on in my bedroom. It was up to my waist. It is Portia's dress now. I felt the tears coming through my eyes because I realised this was the time where I couldn't wear it anymore.

I couldn't buy it because my Grandma sewed it when I was 6. I loved the roses on the dress and the fabric, the silky ribbon and the puffy sleeves. It felt soft and thick at the same time. It didn't really smell of anything because Mum had washed it so many times that I lost count. One time, I wore it to Grandma's party. I also wore it to the school disco, and to Grandad's birthday.
~ by Anastasia, T23

I remember around Xmas I was playing in the living room and I accidentally threw puppy out the window. I remember trying to look for it in the backyard but it was nowhere to be seen,

I was crying alike it was raining. I said to Mum, "Mum, I can not find my puppy."
She said, "I think it went over to the neighbour's house."
My heart was broken when she said it.

I chose it because my favourite colour is yellow and it was yellow. I could see it in my mind. I knew it was the last time I could play with it. I thought I was holding it but it was actually my blanket.
~ by Danielle, T23

I remember when my mum took my dress away. As soon as I found out, I ran to my room crying. It was the worst day of my life. When I stopped crying, my mum said it would be OK - that I could get another dress the same. I got to get a different dress because they didn't have the same one. I still my miss my old dress.
~ by Talia, T23

No comments:

Post a Comment