Friday, April 10, 2015

'What I outgrew' writing by Mercedez, Thomas and Nikita

My toy computer was very special to me because I got it from my Nana Marilyn. It taught me to do math like addition and subtraction. I was devastated when my toy computer stopped working. I was in tears for about 5 minutes. All I could see was darkness and I named it Tickaty.
I remember the colour of the bright blue strips with the giant lines around the messed up cruly, shimmering, glossy white lid.
When I tried to turn it on, it didn't work. I yelled out to Mum, "Can we go and buy some more batteries?"
She said, "In a couple of minutes."
I said, "Thanks Mum."
Then we went down and bought the batteries. We went back home, put the new batteries in, and it didn't work. I yelled so loud that our neighbours could hear me.
Mum said, "What?"
"My computer's not working," I said.
I was in tears for 5 minutes.
I said, "Can I have some Milo because Milo always cheers me up."
~ by Mercedez, T23

I remember my dark blue bike with a black bell and black handles. i remember feeling scared when my Dad took my training wheels off.
I grew out of it when I was 6 in 2014. I remember passing it down to my little brother when I was 7 years old.
I rode my bike through the school. I grew out of it because it was too easy to ride. I could feel rough bumpy lines. I could hear the pedals going around. i could see the trees, road, cars and grass.
~ by Thomas, T23

I remember the day my burning hot chocolate spilled all over my lap and made me burst into tears. I remember grabbing the green and purple dragon from the man. It brought a large grin to my face.
I guess the man felt bad for me there at my mum's favourite coffee shop. I felt like NEVER going there after swimming again, but I had to go there mostly every other Saturday afternoon.
I remember the soft, soft violet all over the body and face. I remember the big sharp white teeth and the nice smell after Violet was washed.
~ by Nikita, T23

No comments:

Post a Comment